Wednesday 22 February 2012

Initial thoughts and oo getting a bit excited.

So we have a few options as to what environment we make, and I was torn between Fairytale and Crashed UFO site, because both are really good start points.

For the moment I've decided to take on Crashed UFO sites, and have had a few initial ideas.
I like the idea of the wreckage of a crash that's been there quite a while, (not entirely sure how long yet, we'll see) to the point where it's starting to blend a little with it's surroundings. There's the idea that perhaps it's been altered as the years have passed (perhaps to repair it, or just keep it functioning/standing). Things have begun growing with/on it, and it becomes still and forgotten over time, perhaps lost for a while.

 The vibe should be quite calming if a tad surreal, I don't think this scene should necessarily be a dangerous place. Something that really seems fitting at the moment is the film A.I by Steven Spielberg (despite it not being about aliens). 'Pogo' has remixed the film to create this beautiful piece of music, which captures the feel of the film, it has a sort of sad innocence to it, which I love. It's soft, and quite light, carrying an 'otherworldly' sound with it, and has the sort of feel I want for the environment. As the 'set' will not be that interactive it will be, in a sense, 'stuck in time', I'd like to create the same sense of stillness this piece of music captures.


I really could listen to this constantly...

No comments:

Post a Comment